Pronunciation at the tap of your phone20-Jul-2011
A few months ago we introduced you to the free version of Sounds: The Pronunciation App. You can find more about it in the post: What’s your phone got to do with Adrian Underhill? The app spread like wildfire, both teachers and students have been thrilled about the new way of practising pronunciation. Now we are ecstatic to present to you a shiny Premium edition of Sounds: The Pronunciation App. Once again in the process of creating the Premium edition we were thinking about teachers, students and the English language lovers and we’ve packed the app with more goodies than before!
What’s in it:
• It doesn’t matter whether you are a British or American pronunciation fan it works with both and you can switch between them at any time and mood you are in.
• Incredibly interactive Phonetic Chart with audio which makes it all easier.
• Quizzes: Perfect if you are waiting for the bus or looking for a warm-up activity, you have the option to focus on listening, writing or reading. You can play in ‘3 Lives’ or ‘3 minutes’ modes. Who is the ultimate pronunciation champion in your class?
• Vocabulary wordlist (over 650 words!): every word goes with an audio recording and to make sure you’ve got it right you can record and play it back. Your students will be happy to use their iphones during a vocabulary lesson.
• There are not one but THREE different practice modes: reading, listening, and writing. You can practise random words from the Wordlist or focus on the words you struggle with.
• Phonemic Typewriter for free practice with copy to clipboard functionality.
• For teachers:
• Top Ten Tips for teaching pronunciation.
• ‘Teaching with the Chart’ workshop video with Adrian Underhill to watch on the way to work.
• For students:
• Information on why pronunciation is important.
• Top Ten Tips for studying pronunciation.
You can download the Premium edition of Sounds: The Pronunciation App here: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sounds-the-pronunciation-app/id442713833?mt=8
We don’t just want to talk about it and tell you how phenomenal Premium edition of Sounds: The Pronunciation App is. We also want to equip you for the new school year and there are 2 Premium edition Sounds: The Pronunciation App to win!
To win Premium edition of Sounds: The Pronunciation App finish the sentence:
My favourite word to pronounce is…………….. because………………….
Please send a completed sentence to email@example.com
We will wait to hear from you until 5th August 2011.
We will select the best two and announce the winners on the 10th August 2011.