Foie gras is banned in California18-Sep-2012
This week’s news item, adapted for Macmillan English Campus from a news article originally published in the Guardian Weekly, is about California’s ban on the sale and production of foie gras.
You can find this story in the News Items section on your Work Area screen.
Here are descriptions of this week’s activities for each language level:
• Choosing words or phrases to complete sentence about the news item
• Choosing the correct prepositions of place and movement to complete sentences
• Choosing correct statements about the news item
• Choosing the correct animal names to match their descriptions
• Deciding whether statements about the new item are true or false
• Choosing the correct words associated with food and eating out to complete sentences about the news item
• Choosing the correct verb form to complete sentences using unreal tenses